Thursday, August 30, 2007

Merdeka

Tomorrow, Malaysia will be celebrating it's 5oth birthday.
50 Years of Independence, from 1957-2007.
50 years of changes, development and progress.
50 years since Tunku Abdul Rahman famously proclaimed
Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka.


And I'm glad to say
IM PROUD OF BEING A MALAYSIAN

Although 50 years, I still think that being a Sarawakian,
it ain't 50 years I'm celebrating.
Because if I'm not wrong with my history facts,
Sarawak only gained independence through the forming of Malaysia.
On the 16th of September 1963, which only counts as 44 years.
Still, it's something to celebrate.

Even though the nation has its share of controversies
And not spared of being purged by other countries and the opposition.
But think about it;
Every country has it's pros and cons.
Bumi manakah yang tidak ditimpa hujan?

You're born a Malaysian,
No matter where you at,
you can't change the fact that you're a Malaysian.
And I'm quite satisfied being one.

Saya anak Malaysia! Happy Birthday Malaysia!


0 Added Colors:

This blog officially represents the thoughts in my head. All rights reserved 2007-2008