Sunday, May 4, 2008

Zoo Negara

Not wanting to spend the day at home on Labour's Day last Thursday, Wye Sern, Vincent & I went for a visit of the national zoo. It was a weekend plan to since the first semester but due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to scrap it numerous times, mainly due to the girls. So this time around, we ditched the girls aside, and found ourselves at the zoo in no time. Hahaha...

Photobucket

Hadn't been to the zoo in a long time, nearly a decade ago perhaps. In fact, I don't recall seeing this much of exhibits around. Here are some of the pictures I took:

Photobucket

First up, the primates. Like us humans, I think they're the most hyperactive.

Photobucket
This one looks frightened

Photobucket
I never knew apes had a liking for ice cream!

There was an animal show going on, and by the time we arrived, a huge crowd was seen at the amphitheater, watching various animals including a seal and macaws performing stunts and acts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Money-faced macaw. It'll grab cash donations from your hand.

Moving on after the animal show:

Photobucket
Some asses

Photobucket
A timid bear trying to hide from us.


Photobucket
This one looks damn like a statue. Check out the claws...

Photobucket
A pride looking deer. Makes me wonder if the animals are trained to pose. xD

Photobucket
Billy goat

Photobucket
A flying fox with wings at full stretch

Photobucket
Slowest creatures of the zoo.


Photobucket
My gawd...I wouldn't want to be chased by one of these...

Photobucket
Or these...


Photobucket
This too!

Photobucket
The lions weren't so active however

Photobucket
The rare Sumatran tiger

Photobucket
Caught this photographer with his subject, the camel.

Photobucket
I was caught with the camel too!

Photobucket
The orangutan on the right is waiting for people to toss fruits at it. Can you spot the other fella?

Photobucket
Flamingos!

Photobucket
Birds at the lake side.

Photobucket
Pelicans

Photobucket
Graceful flight of a bird


Photobucket
I tried flying too. =D

Photobucket
Sugar cane chewing elephant

Photobucket
And last but not least, the giraffes.

Finally, my favourite shot of the day:

Photobucket


0 Added Colors:

This blog officially represents the thoughts in my head. All rights reserved 2007-2008